On Wednesday 17 January 2007 15:35, J Sloan wrote:
  When the website checks to ensure that a
> client running their accepted OS and web browser, and denies access if
> the client is not said OS and browser, that is against standards, and
> what I consider brain dead.

A "brain dead" programmer should be foolable.

> > Video over the net is just about
> > impossible in a standard 10.2, far worse in the 64 bit 10.2 and it only
> > gets marginally better if one goes to packman. The 32/64 bit issues with
> > firefox, konqueror and plugins, compounded by the limitations of "linux"
> > realplayer, mplayer, flashplayer etc make it imperative that one should
> > keep a doze version handy, if one is keen on watching on line video...
>
> Sorry, but that is just silly. I have no trouble viewing youtube,
Only SOME of it
> quicktime movie trailers, flash, java, wmv, mpg, DVDs or any other
> multimedia on my SuSE desktops.
I specifically mentioned over the net video. examples: CNN, CBS, FOX, ABC,
REUTERS, BBC etc. Please check them and say which ones you can access. Not
that i use them for my news, the net is much bigger than mainstream media,
but once in a while i would like to see the spin on a particular story...
Regarding dvd's, YES, i think linux is actually better or at least equal to
doze.

> BTW I've got a windoze image under win4lin on my main SuSE system, but
> after firing it up initially and futzing around some months ago, I
> haven't bothered with it, and haven't missed it.
>
> Joe
well, my favority 3d cad and simulation program has been in windoze since '87,
so i must have vmware. and i do fire it up when i want to draw a shape or
two..