Le Vendredi 19 Janvier 2007 12:27, Dominique Leuenberger a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering: would the community like to get RPMs for the game
> PlaneShift [1], a 3D MMORPG ?
>
> If I get enough feedback on this, I could start investigating on it and
> possibly build some RPMs. The installation routine without RPMs is
> either getting a *.bin and install it (autoinstaller), but then the
> system has no clue about updates and libs and the like.
>
> so, what do you say? (or did I miss something and RPMs are already
> there?)
>
> Dominique
>

> [1] http://www.planeshift.it/

Hi !
Thank you for the information. I didn't know this game. I am not a big player
(miss time), but I did like role playing games. Since this one is open
source, look awesome and is free (since I don't have that much time, I won't
pay a monthly fee to play a game online !) I will certainly try it (and
afterward, recommend it to friends).
If building the RPMs is not a hassle and using RPMs make things easier
afterward, Yes, I would love to install the RPMs instead of using the
installer. If it is too much a work, and the installer works fine on SuSE
10.2, I guess I could stick with it, and visit the website once in a while to
look for updates.

Thank you
Regards

Matthias
                     Matthias Titeux, PhD
Département de génétique des maladies cutanées et allergiques
            dans des modèles animaux et chez l'homme.
                      INSERM U563 - CPTP
                 Pavillon Lefebvre, 5ème étage
                          CHU Purpan
                    31059 Toulouse cedex 03