On Friday, January 19, 2007 @ 9:03 PM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

>* Greg Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [01-19-07 19:04]:
>> On Friday, January 19, 2007 @ 3:38 PM, I wrote:
>> >Is there an RPM command where you can say "Here's a /dir/file.  Tell
>> >me what package it's in, if any.".
>>
>> Never mind.  I found the answer on google.  It's the last
>> modification date.

>Please explain this and yourself, because I do not believe that you
>have found the "answer".

What you have quoted is my posts about two completely different topics.  The
"Never mind ..." part regarded what date appeared with a simple dir/ls -l
command and the answer, from Google, was the last time the file was updated.

The "Is there..." part was about how to determine what package, if any, a
particular file belonged to.

Greg Wallace