On Saturday, January 20, 2007 @ 6:33 AM, Carlos Robinson wrote:

>The Saturday 2007-01-20 at 10:41 +0800, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:

>> > Mine is even a bit older, and I don't have those many problems, either
>> > O:-)
>> >
>> But you obviously pay attention to the output of rpmconfigcheck and
>> resolve your older config files.

>Not always, I have some uselessly trying to request my attention for months
>- - I feel lazy sometimes O:-)

>But yes, I suppose I'm experienced enough to guess which are important and
>which not, and where to look if I notice problems.

>By the way, notice that YOU can produce those files in a system installed
>from scratch. Things get a security update, and the config files are not
>parsed correctly, leaving the job to the admin.

>- --
>Cheers,
>       Carlos E. R.

At the risk of being flamed (I'm pretty scarred up anyway), I have to ask.
Is there something in the user manual that says that keeping up with RPMNEWs
is a routine part of maintaining a Linux system?  For an average Joe home
user who's just switching to Linux, isn't this something they would need to
know?  This goes along with the long running thread discussing whether Linux
is ready for the average Joe home user.

Greg Wallace