On 22/01/07 08:37 +0000, Christopher Townson wrote:
> I'm having a weird problem connecting to certain servers: ssh connects
> absolutely fine, but attempting to run any commands once connected
> causes the session to hang. My investigations so far would seem to
> indicate that the session hang occurs when more than n bytes are
> transferred (not sure how many bytes, but a very small number)

Try running ssh in verbose mode, it may give you more useful information.
>From the man page:

-v      Verbose mode.  Causes ssh to print debugging messages about its
        progress.  This is helpful in debugging connection,
        authentication, and configuration problems.  Multiple -v options
                increase the verbosity.  The maximum is 3.

hth,
Craig