On Monday 22 January 2007 19:35, Peter Bradley wrote:
> For some reason, Acroread has stopped working.  No great loss, I know,
> but I'd like to know what's going on.  In /var/log/messages, I get:
>
> Jan 22 19:32:45 linux kernel: SubDomain: REJECTING r access to /bin/bash
> (acroread(13724) profile /usr/X11R6/bin/acroread active
> /usr/X11R6/bin/acroread)
>
> Huh?  Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>

> Peter

Hi Peter

Looks like AppArmor is blocking the process from accessing the /bin/bash file.
You can try modifying the profile to allow this or to test the theory,
disable AppArmor in the Yast "Novell AppArmor"->"AppArmor Control Panel" to
make sure we're on the right track.

To modify the profile, you can use the Update Profile Wizard - it should find
the warnings and allow you to add the event to the AcroRead profile.

Cheers

Pete