On 1/22/07, John Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Monday 22 January 2007 06:28, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> There was a major SATA driver update between 10.1 and 10.2. Or at
> least there was in the vanilla kernels those 2 versions were based on.

Hmmm, he said it was a new board.  Why would a new sata driver have problems
with that, especially when the older distros did not?

This new driver sounds like a retrograde movement.

It was a major rewrite of some of the core SATA functionality.
Obviously it was believed to be a major improvement in general, but
there have been a number of reports of regressions.  I assume his
board was one of the regressions.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer