Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Sorry for the off-topic post, but I don't know where to ask, so any pointers are welcome. At home I'm trying to set up a wireless accesspoint (connected to a Suse sever, that's why I ask here ;-) ). If the accesspoint is placed inside the house it's impossible to get access to it. I tried with two different products (Linksys and D-Link). Those accesspoints do work fine elsewhere, even in my gagage, which is a different building than my home, max. 20m away, but from inside my home I can't connect. I tried all channels, with no luck.
So, has anyone of you some hints what to try next to get connected ?
P.S. as far as I know there are no other transmitters in that band (2.4GHz ?) at home.
This is a radio isssue, not SUSE. Given that you've tried different gear and it works in most other locations, the only conclusion is there's something in your house blocking the signal. If so, no WiFi equipment or operating system will make any difference. What is your house made of?