On Tuesday 23 January 2007 04:48, Samir van de Sand wrote:
> Well, if you are searching for a Wlan Router I would recommend the
> Linksys WRT54GL. It is an open source router and Linksys explicitly
> allows you to install third-party (like OpenWRT).
> A friend of mine has this router and he his very satisfied with it, even
> with the preinstalled firmware.

I'll throw out
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_"DD-WRT"%3F#v23_File_Versions
also.

Check the Features and Supported Devices. Their wiki gets better all the
time with more information on price/performance, etc. You can even buy the
gear from them to support the project.

A dd-wrt'd router/firewall works much better than when you bought it. There
are instructions for the Linksys WRT54G/S version 5,6 models with the
reduced amounts of memory. They work well, I support several.

Stan