On Monday 22 January 2007 08:26, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> On 1/20/07, StephenW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>

> The Atlanta Public School systems has allowed at least one school to
> totally drop MS and go with Linux thin clients instead.  IIRC, most of
> the apps run on Linux Servers thus significantly reducing IT support
> issues.
>
> See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.ale/41302

Greg, that was very interesting reading.

I will soon be on the PTA technology committee for my sons' school. I hope to
introduce more of an OSS methodology.  My older boy already knows linux and
the younger one is getting interested. Currently they are using iMacs in the
upper grades and any old piece of hardware in the lower grades. Much of the
software - Accelerated Reader, a writing program, and others - are web-based.

Thanks for the link and the thread!!

Hopefully the schools will soon see SUSE appearing.  :)
--
kai

closing the doors that surround me
so no one will ever penetrate
complete my retreat just to wait for the day
that never comes so i will laugh alone