Carlos E. R. wrote:
> [...]
> It is normal to do a fast test of reiserfs partitions during boot, and
> AFAIK, it run always. I'm not sure for ext3, but that could be also the
> case. XFS does also run a quick check when mounting.

fsck is always invoked. The actual question is whether the journal is
always replayed (looks like reiserfs does it like that) or whether this
is only done when the filesystem isn't marked as clean. When the FS is
marked as clean, then there is in principle no reason to replay the
journal, the FS should be in a consistent state.