> I assume that you have set Firefox's "matchOS" locale
setting to "true".
> (I have since discovered that the correct setting for
> general.useragent.locale is hu_HU.)
>
> The KDE setting does only apply to KDE and related
applications, which
> covers none of the mozilla-based products. They will take
OS values from
> the system settings, which you can set in the Yast
sysconfig editor. For
> the language setting, set
system/environment/language/RC_LANG to hu_HU
> or hu_HU.utf8. If it doesn't take right away, you will
likely need to
> restart the X server, and in the extreme, if you run in
runlevel 3, you
> may need to log out completely.

Hi Darryl,

thank you for your answer.
I have played with the different settings and found that it
works what you suggested.  But I do not want to change my
systems's locale since I prefer English for YAST and as a
system locale. Only one user needs Hungarian environment.
I also found that firefox simply ignores any setting defined
in the general.useragent.locale and intl.locale.matchOS
fields and obeys OS locale setup.

Thanks,
IG