I'm still trying to get my Samsung 225bw monitor and ATI RADEON SXPRESS 200 Series Card to install properly.

The strangest thing is that the ATI setup package has left my monitor in a state where it just displays trashy colored lines. The display works fine through the install process. The first couple times I installed SuSE 10.1, the monitor worked fine; just in the wrong mode (non-widescreen). Now I can't get finish the install without it going into that trashy line mode.

I've tried countless variations of VESA and LCD setting and nothing seems to work.

On a reboot from a terminal window also displays properly during the shutdown and reload processes.

Is it possible that a bad setting is surviving the new install's formatting the hard drive?

I'm really tearing my hair out over this one.

TIA

Jim mmmmmmmmmmmmmm