Subject:        [TenMeters] TenTen and Linux
Date:   Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:45:43 -0700
From:   Jeff Steinkamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     Ten-Ten PSK Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ten-Ten List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Back at the convention in Mesa, Mel, KD5DE, and I had started a discussion about the lack of amateur related software that is available for Linux, especially software geared toward Ten-Ten operations.

Enter Microsoft's Windows Vista -- Since it is starting to hit the streets we are going to find support and development for the Win9.x platforms pretty much shut down. I also suspect to see support for XP, NT and 2K to disappear within the next 5 years. This looks like a great marketing tool for both Linux and Mac!!

Over the past couple of years I have talked with a number of folks here in the 10-10 community express a desire to use Linux and possibly move away from MS products all-together, but the lack of good, easy to use software has been the deciding factor.

We are looking for folks who might be interested in helping develop a software product for Ten-Ten that will run natively on all Linux platforms. While having the ability to write code is a plus, it is the users and not the coders that define the direction of a product.

If you would like to provide input and help with the development of this project, please join our Linux discussion group. Click the link below and add your name to the list and start tossing out ideas and brainstorms.

Jeff Steinkamp - N7YG
Tucson, AZ
SCUD Missile Coordinates
N32-13-55.01 W110-50-51.91
http://n7yg.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~jksteinkamp
Linux User #420428
Skype : jeff.steinkamp

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/