On Friday 26 January 2007 07:32, Peter Van Lone wrote:
> well I re-registered SLED (which added back a couple repositories that
> had been lost) and then I removed and re-added the repos suggested by
> the Jem Report ... and, VOILA! I had tons of items return to my
> updater ... but ... shriek! The danged extra gnome stuff was STILL
> there.
>
> So, it could only be that these items were appearing because the repo
> was still defined in installation sources. It was DISABLED and set to
> NOT refresh .... but ...
>
> So I deleted that repo, and did a refresh of the updater, and ... all
> that remained in the updater was stuff that I thought should be there.
>
> wow ... so, what, exactly, does "disable" do with regard to a repo?

I believe that enable/disable only applies to YaST.  The sources can still be
there and active in zen/zmd even when disabled in YaST.  Deleting the repo in
YaST probably deleted the repo in ZEN/ZMD as well.

At the command line, what is the output from 'rug sl' and 'rug ca'?
(You might have to be root to do this).  These will tell you what repos
ZEN/ZMD is using.

--
Don