Carlos E. R. wrote:

At the speeds Sergey has, even that is a problem. Let me see, 50 Kbytes at 18 Kbits, that is about 50 / 1.8 = 27.8 seconds. Half a minute per message.

I know. If I have a fast dsl line my mother (born 1920, computer user from 2001 :-) have only a modem one. I pay the bill so I know it's _very cheap_ for e-mail only (from 2 to 10 Euros per month), and I happen to send her some (small) photos.

and she uses e-mail nearly any day from several countries in the world :-)

most mail do _not_ carry attachments. the worst are spams, then outlook express with vcards

notice that friends with new 8Mpix cameras are not bas as well... but this is OT :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Votez pour nous, merci - vote for us, thanks :-)