On Sat, January 27, 2007 2:37 pm, Mike McMullin said:

> The system is noticibly slower than my 10.0 install, and crawls when I
> use wget to grab an iso writing to my USB-Drive.
>
>   No show stoppers for me, and a number of things that I do like about
> it, enough to keep using it for now at least.  I wonder what part of my
> slowness problem is due to Beagle running on my 733mhz Celeron with 512
> M of ram, though when I was testing Sled10 with Beagle running, I did
> not experience this slowdown.  NOTE: I would prefer to keep Beagle
> running, I like the search function of it, having used it several times.
>
>   I do have the source to quickcam driver module, and could actually
> remove the provided one and install it qc-usb-messenger-1.6, but I'm
> curious as to which version of the driver that I'm running.  I did a
> search in YaST's Software module filtered for provide and spec'ed
> quickcam but got no results.

I have noticed that when I do get this thing up and running, it is VERY
sluggish. I have a AMD64 x2 3800+ 2gb Dual Channel RAM, four SATA drives
(two are RAID) and I hate to say it, XP is a LOT faster. :-O I also
installed another distro as well because I'm trying to figure out this
bootloader problem I am having, once I had that distro up and running, it
was way responsive. It also only took less than 25 minutes to install.
EAch time I have installed 10.2, it has been at LEAST 45 minutes, and
that's being kind. :-)

I'm hoping to solve my problem though. I like openSuSe, but I'm getting
the feeling inside that this isn't the place for newbies to ask question.
:-(