Thanks for your replies. I'll give this a try tomorrow!

Have a nice sunday!

Mourik Jan
I want to disable postfix in my default runlevel (3), but my system
(sles9, sp3) claims that scalix (mailserver software) depends on
postfix, and will then be disabled as well.

I know that scalix does NOT depend on postfix (in fact: it needs
sendmail) so, how can I bypass this check, and manually disable
postfix
on boot?

If you know this for sure, go and edit /etc/init.d/<your scalix script>
and remove postfix from Required-Start and Required-Stop at the
beginning of this file.

I'm not sure, but iirc you have to remove and readd scalix, then remove
postfix.