Brian:

Konqueror is a better ftp application than gftp.  When I first had a
problem with gftp not working in SUSE somebody was kind enough to
point me to using Konqueror and I will never go to any other ftp
client.

In the command line:  ftp://[EMAIL PROTECTED] connects you to whatever
server you want to connect to.  If the server cannot be located using
dns and is not in your hosts file, use the address of the server.
Then drag from client to server or server to client.

Happy dragging and dropping!

Chuck

On 1/25/07, Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thursday 25 January 2007 11:23, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> > I would like to know who's using KDE in here, in the place of
> > GNOME? As well as the distribution has decide to "switch" to GNOME,
> > who stayed faithfull to KDE?
>
> Despite hating GNOME, I still find few GTK based apps excellent:
> GIMP, X-Chat and, of course FireFox !

I'm the same way.  Not a big fan of Gnome as a desktop interface, but
the apps... GIMP, grip, firefox, GQview, gftp, and gaim are all staples
for me.

brian
KDE for 9 years

--