> Alexander Osthof wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 28. Januar 2007 02:38 schrieb jim tate:
> >> How do I sync a Ipod on 10.2 using KDE ?
> >
> > Jep, amarok is doing a good job here. :)
>
> I noticed that my ipod shuffle (formatted as fat32) works fine, but my ipod
> mini (formatted as hfs+) is not recognized. Did you have to reformat the
> ipod before using it?
>
> Joe

Good morning Jo.

Nope, I didn't have to. Just plugged in and iPod got detected. I've took a
look on the filesystem and it's a FAT32.

Have you formatted your iPod mini on MacOS maybe, or was the HFS+ Filesystem
located on the iPod since the beginning? Because if your linux kernel doesn't
support HFS+ read/write you will encounter such problems.

Maybe this can help you:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnupod/gnupod.html

Or just reformat your iPod mini with FAT32 and everything should be fine. :)

Greetings,
--
Alexander Osthof                                R&D SI Architecture Maintenance
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr.5          Phone: +49-911-74053-0

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.", Marie Curie