On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:46:42 -0500, Carl Hartung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> took time
to say the following:

(^_^)On Tue January 30 2007 00:09, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
(^_^)> Charles, please also post the contents of /boot/grub/device.map. This
(^_^)> file tells you the precise names by which grub knows the physical drives
(^_^)> in the system.
(^_^)
(^_^)Thanks for adding this overlooked and important item to the inquiry,
Darryl.
(^_^)Good catch!
(^_^)
(^_^)Carl

The theory still may hold true but the test didn't pan out. What I was
going to do was step back to 10.1. First it came up with the RAID
warning. It said it was a software RAID but it's not. I was going to go
forward with it anyway because it didn't matter if it mounted the array
of not since I'm not trying to install or installed anything on the
array under Linux. Then it had problems reading the catalogs on the
installation DVD. So that was the end of that! Well, better get off to
work now.

While I'm thinking about it. Going back to the menu.lst file. Some have
said that /dev/sda,7 was wrong, but wouldn't that be correct seeing that
root was on device sda8?

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want,
to impress people they don't like.
-Will Rogers