Emily Berk wrote:
I am a pretty new Linux administrator, and after repeated tries have
not been able to install Suse 10.2 on my fairly old (~4-5 years old)
IBM eServer xSeries 200 (which seems to be on the supported list, but
I'm not sure).

When I install Windows, any version, there's no problem -- mouse,
keyboard, CD, connection to Internet -- everything works fine.  I once
successfully installed Caldera Linux and again all the peripherals
seemed to work fine.

But when I boot to the Suse Install CD 1, the menu shows up but the
keyboard and mouse don't work.

SO, I tried booting to the non-graphical install on the same CD.  And
I've tried every option -- linux, noacpi, nolapic, failsafe, memtest.

Here are two options that helped to get the install started on my old primergy:
        maxcpus=0
        acpi=debug

Hope it helps.
--