[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
steve reilly writes:

hi,
Im using 10.2 as well, (gnome)and have the option to choose when i click logout.... then options are "logout", "shutdown", "restart" or suspend"....... then after i logout when on the "login" blue screen in the bottom left corner of the screen there are 2 options, "shutdown" and "restart". As far as I know these are the default settings, as i have not changed a thing on this install. you dont have any choices like this?

Sorry for the confusion. I was venting at the time. Although I'm more upset right now because I'm now recovering my XP installation. :-( I was referring to Mandriva distro that didn't have these options. Soon as I get my XP installation up and running again, I will be deleting the Linux partitions and reclaim the real estate. I keep trying to give Linux a chance and everytime I do, I usually regret it. Of all the distros, SuSe has come the closest thing that might make me ease away from Windows, but there's just too many things I'm into right now that I can't justify moving to Linux full time. I found that some avi's work, some don't. Then there's the mp3 thing unless you use Real POS (player) that program doesn't see the light of day on Windows, and it's the one SuSe chooses? At least on Windows there's Real Alternate Player. Small footprint and plays all RA/RM files. :-) Anyway, thanks for the reply.

My advice is to go to:

 http://www.mepis.org/

Download Beta4 of SimplyMEPIS-32 and all your troubles will be over.

Download it at :

ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/mepis/testing

and select: SimplyMEPIS-CD_6.0-4-beta4_i386.iso <ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/mepis/testing/SimplyMEPIS-CD_6.0-4-beta4_i386.iso>
Burn the iso image using  k3b in linux or  in windows
using nero.

This is a live cd so you can run linux without installing on your hard drive.
You can also install it on your hard drive.

Don't give up on linux.

jozien

jozien