Am Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2007 19:16 schrieb Charles philip Chan:
> On 31 Jan 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Can someone tell me where i set a umask permanently. Websites ive
> > looked at point towards .profile or .login but i cant find anything
> > like this.  I'm running 10.0.
>
> (1) System wide: /etc/profile.local
>
> (2) per user: ~/.bash_profile or ~/.profile

(3) per filesystem:  set "umask=value" in /etc/fstab

from "man fstab":

# umask=value
#      Set  the  umask  (the bitmask of the permissions that are not present).
#      The default is the umask of the current process.  The value is
#      given in octal.

--
David Mayr,  http://davey.de
openSUSE LINUX,  http://opensuse.de