Dirk Gorissen wrote:
Hello,

I have just purchased a brand new HP laptop which comes with  vista
preinstalled.  Of course the first thing Id like to do is install 10.2.  Some
googling, however taught me that there have been some problems with getting  a
dual boot setup to work without nuking your partition table/bootsector/vista
install. I wanted to ask for any experiences others may have had on a vista
machine.  Especially concerning partitioning, will yast correctly resize the
vista partition (I understand NTFS has changed) or should I use some other tool
first? Any tips/experiences appreciated.
Hope you got a refund/discount for the supplier giving you a machine with an OS on it that you don't want.