Niels and Fred

1. are you running 32 or 64 linux?

Mine is 64

2. Which module are you  loading Yast/hardware/disk controller

I am >AMD74xx
If I select PATA then produces error during boot and takes many attempts
to load finally does it. This is the only time I was able to burn a dvd.
I could not figure out what produce the booting errors.

3. Which hardware do you have in referrence to DVD and HD?

ide1 controller: sony ait tape as master nothing in the other channel.
ide2 controller: cd/dvd player as master and cd/ddvd burner as slave
sata1: hd
sata2: hd
sata3: hd
sata3: hd

I am wonder what we have in common to reproduce this problem.

-=terry(Denver)=-