On Thursday 01 February 2007 22:37, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 11:07:15AM -0700, Don Raboud wrote:
> > In looking into all of this however, I have discovered that I can't get
> > my monitor to display at its native resolution (1280x1024) at 60 Hz.
>
> According to what?  Gnome or KDE?  Ignore them.  What does the OSD in the
> *monitor* think you're feeding it?  Worry about what's actually coming out
> of the video card first.

Marc, thanks for the tip!

Yes, I was using KDE.  I couldn't find a command line alternative to get this
information and didn't even think of checking the monitor itself.

The monitor reports 1280x1024 @ 60 Hz, so it looks like all is well (apart
from what KDE reports).

Having said that, I checked my laptop last night and found the same behavior,
KDE reports that the display is at 50 Hz when I have set it for 60 Hz.

Of course, there are no monitor controls on the laptop to get at the OSD
information.  Is there a reliable way to get the refresh rate information for
a laptop?

--
Don