On 2/3/07, Kenneth Schneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Third hit using Google:

http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/features/autoyast.html

I'm sorry, but this tells me nothing.

I know that "AutoYaST allows unattended and automated installation"  I
also know that, "In addition to AutoYaST, other installation methods
include PXE Boot, CD-ROM, NFS, CIFS/SMB, HTTP, FTP" etc ...

What I DON'T know ... and have yet to find in the docs, is whether I
can do a dvd=based "auto" install using the xml file. I guess (since
nobody here knows, which is a surprise to me) I will have to dig
deeper to find out.

You would think this should be simple:

1)save an autoyast xml file from an installation
2)Boot the dvd to start a new installation
3)point the installer to the xml file generated in step 1

Perhaps I just have not found the section of the docs that addresses it.

If you know, one way or the other, holler out. Otherwise, I'm off to
dig some more.

Peter