Michael Smith wrote:
>       I'm running opensuse 10.2 on an HP Pavilion dv8000t....  Everything is
> great except the built in media slots (sd-ram, etc.) don't work... Any hints
> on getting these working?  Regular USB works fine.....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Smith

Lots of people, including me, have found these don't work on their laptops.
It would appear that further work has to be done by the kernel group to
make a device driver that can read from these slots if I understand the
issue
correctly.  Meanwhile, for very very little money I purchased an external
USB media reader and then it works fine.

Cheers,
Bob