charles buchanan wrote:
> On Saturday 10 February 2007 08:50, Carl Hartung wrote:
>
>> On Sat February 10 2007 11:27, charles buchanan wrote:
>> <snip>
>>

>>> ADD = Http
>>> Server = ftp.skynet.be
>>> Location = pub/packman/suse/10.1/
>>>
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> First, use Konqueror to browse there and confirm a directory for 10.2
>> exists:
>>
>> http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/10.2/
>>
>> (it does)
>>
>> Next, avoid including leading or trailing slashes when adding installation
>> sources in YaST. Try it like this:
>>
>> Add --> http
>> Server --> ftp.skynet.be
>> Location --> pub/packman/suse/10.2
>>
>> hth & regards,
>>
>> Carl
>>

> Didn't I say the answer will probably be simple? <argh> What I was doing was
> copying the link address instead of just the type. It worked. (of course)
>
> Thanks Carl!

As far as the leading or tailing slashes are concerned it amazes me that
the SUSE folks haven't written the code such that it could be entered
either way.  Parsing the line as entered by the human and assembling
it to the expected input is something a first year computer science guy
can do
with ease.  I think it's called human engineering.  Perhaps this can
be considered for the future.

Cheers,
Bob