On Saturday 10 February 2007 16:51, Tom Patton wrote:
> I posted a part of this last week, but excused it as I had not pulled in
> all the upgrades for 10.2.  Now I have everything current, I believe,
> and still have the issue++.
>
> It started with Firefox leaving 'firefox-bin' running, so a new session
> will not start until I remove firefox-bin with either top or "killall
> firefox-bin".
>
> In addition, I have seen similar instances with kinternet refusing to
> start, thinking it is still running.  Killall then re-launch gets it
> going.
>
> And the third part of the puzzle...over the past week, on logging into
> gnome, and launching evolution, I will get the keyring password window
> maybe 1 out of three times.  When I do get the keyring login, evolution
> works fine.  When I don't, I have to enter my pop password every time I
> check mail.  (of course, if I'm on kde or fvwm, I have the password
> issue anyway...)
>
> So far I have not found any error logs to shed light on this.  The
> firefox issue is repeatable in my laptop AND the kids pc, all three
> running 10.2.
>
> All three of the above complaints are intermittent, which really has me
> scratching my head!  It will happen in kde, fvwm, gnome OR twm.
>
> perhaps it is related to the recent thread about smp kernel as the
> default?
> Linux master 2.6.18.2-34-default #1 SMP Mon Nov 27 11:46:27 UTC 2006
> i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
>
> this is an athlon fx 2800 with a gig of ram (32-bit).
>
> The kids pc is a pentium 4 with the same kernel
> Linux Camserv2 2.6.18.2-34-default #1 SMP Mon Nov 27 11:46:27 UTC 2006
> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>

> Has anyone seen anything similar?????????
>

> Tom in NM
firefox hangs up too frequently for me too. had to manually kill it a few
times, not every time. kmail often shows that it is trying to get mail from
the provider, but nothing besides the blue bar on the bottom right going back
anc forth happens. that's on a reliable cable connection to a reliable mail
server. other apps freeze up as well, including console windows!!! now it
happens every time i run "df", it will probably clear up with a ....reboot,
like a number of other things!!!!
shades of .... windoze98!!!
is this behavior like a token of friendship  thing between ms and novel?