Mike McMullin wrote:
On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 16:07 -0800, Kai Ponte wrote:
On Saturday 10 February 2007 13:20, Tony Alfrey wrote:
pelibali wrote:
Hi,

Some time ago I skype-ed with my mom sitting on modem dial-up.
Sounds kinky.

I suggest Gizmo
http://www.gizmoproject.com
I've not had first-hand experience with Gizmo, but several of my co-workers swear by it. Give it a try.

  Do they mention if they can get a land line user on it, iow, from
their systems talk to someone on a (cell)phone?

I use Gizmo to talk from my box to anywhere; cell, land line, box, whatever. To a cell is a little more choppy than a land line but acceptable. From a wireless hotspot in a restaurant to the other side of the planet if you like.

--
Tony Alfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]