Hi,

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:19:34 -0600
Wade Jones <.> wrote:

> >On Sunday 11 February 2007 06:45, pelibali wrote:
> > The second related question is that on her computer I saw TCP 5800
> > listening. I didn't see it before she activated the desktop sharing
> > and would be interested, how it could get opened. I didn't activate
> > vnc through xinetd and chkconfig reports it (as supposed) to be
> > deactivated. The only thing is that via KDE's Control Panel we acti-
> > vated the above desktop sharing and immediately moved it to a higher
> > port number. TCP 5800 I just saw accidentally and is anyway firewal-
> > led; the particular port needed by me has been opened under the
> > SuSEfirewall2.
>
> > Pelibali
>
> VNC uses port 5800 for the java based server, i.e. the client runs in a web
> browser.

I moved from KDE's default vnc server port (5900) to a higher one, so
in fact no need for 5800! Any chance to deactivate that 5800 and keep
only my custom port? As I mentioned earlier, I firewall 5800 anyway,
but would be surely better to avoid listening on that particular java
based server port.

Thanks,
 Pelibali