On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 19:00 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Mike McMullin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [02-12-07 16:35]:
> > On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 20:41 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > > Guess you need to build your on box and install xp, then see how you
> > > can play dvds or cds.  You *still* have to get software and will have
> > > to pay $$$s for it.
> > >
> > > You buy a box with windoz on it and pay for the additional software
> > > which the builder or his agent has installed.  Most of it crippled in
> > > some manner or delivering advertisements for your pleasure.
> >
> >   Actually my XPHome-sp2 will do both without additional software, but
> > I'm not overly fond of Windows Media player.  :/
>

> Ah, but you did buy additional software.  xpHome is an upgrade (very
> loose language here) from xp and costs moooorre $$$$s.

  I'll see your loose language and raise you one.  I didn't pay for XP,
it was a freebie from my hardware pusher, and still properly licensed.
BTW that was an upgrade from ME not XP, which has me thinking, if XP
home is the most basic version available here in English North America,
what kind of upgrade are you referring to?  :)  (I'm taking the XPsp2 as
being the equivalent of XP, just with their security and bug fixes
thrown in.)