Jose wrote:
Danesh Daroui wrote:
Jose wrote:
Danesh Daroui wrote:
Jose wrote:
Sunny wrote:
On 2/14/07, Danesh Daroui wrote:

Yes I have. I am sure it first checks the CD ROM.

Did you compare the md5sum for the downloaded image? Maybe the image
itself was corrupted.

Also. I have seen such a problem with some (older) laptops - for some reason they will not boot from a DVD but will happily boot from a CD.
Also, check the media itself, it may be bad as well.

Adding up to this, I had the same problem a few days ago, problem was the reader on the unit couldn't read at the speed I burned the DVD, maximum was speed 8 as it's an older dvd reader and the dvd was burned at speed 16.

I don't know. I burned it using my DVD writer and opened it with the same drive. I think there is no such problem while I have not had any problem with write/read speed. I can open this DVD with my DVD and CD drives and they show files on it, but it is not bootable!

That's so, I had another problem like yours, right speed, showed me files every time I opened the dvd from any station, but it wouldn't boot up, problem was that the ISO I used was bad, I would download the ISO again, from another server (that's what I did) source, and when I burned the iso again from the different source it worked

Nice tip. I am now downloading from another mirror and hope to work.

Thanks,

D.

You welcome, let the list know if that solved your problem, and don't forget to check the md5sum file

Jose

It wasn't successful. I downloaded a new image from another mirror server but I still have same problem. I can see the contents of my DVD on both machines (Windows and Ubuntu) but it is not bootable! I used Language Add-on CD and burned it on DVD, I am not sure if it can cause the problem. I am downloading the DVD of installation media for last chance. If it won't work I have to keep Ubuntu which does not meet my needs.