Rikard Johnels wrote:
On Wednesday 14 February 2007 18:44, Danesh Daroui wrote:
Alexander Osthof wrote:
Hi all,

I have burnt OpenSuse 10.2 on a DVD to install it on my laptop but it
seems that the DVD is not bootable! I have checked everything and all
should be OK but it is not booted from DVD to be able to install it on
my laptop. Can anybody help? BTW I used ISO image burned using
DVDDecrytor.
Did you check the boot order in BIOS? Maybe your DVD drive is located
after your HD. In this case, your laptop will never boot from it.

Thanks,

D.
Greetings,
Yes I have. I am sure it first checks the CD ROM.

Does the laptop have DVD at all?
You say it checks the CD first..!? A DVD disk will not boot or even be readable in a CD reader.
Does the laptop boot from a bootable CD-disk (eg. windows XP install)?

Yes it does. As I said, I can see the contents of DVD in my laptop which runs Ubuntu at this time, but it is not bootable.