Yesterday after installing some patches via Zen, my KDE panel
disappeared. I've had this occur before after a KDE patch was
installed, and normally I restart the window and display managers
(ctrl-alt-backspace, init 3, or logout) and things usually com back.
This did not work, so I deleted by ~/.kde. Once I logged back in
through the session manager, the panel returned, and I configured it
the way I wanted, set up my 4 desktops with separate backgrounds, and
loaded my applications that I normally keep running in my desktops.
While I'm not 100% sure of what is killing the panel, I was just
wondering if anyone else had seen this.
I don't have time to debug it until the weekend, but I will try to
configure the desktops and panels, but not run the applications, then
go step by step. By default, kde tries to load what was previously
loaded, but the first step would be to set up an empty home session.
My desktops are:
1: claws && firefox
2: jpilot
3: empty - normally Xemacs
4: 2 KSSH sessions to the Boston Linux servers.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group