I have a problem with loading some PNG images in Firefox. The images are
generated using GD and most of the images load OK, but some don't. As
near as I can tell, it is tall (or maybe just big?) images that won't
load. If I just load the PNG by itself, I see a message saying that the
image cannot be displayed because it contains errors. I can successfully
display these images with either xv or gimp and neither complains of any
irregularities.

 I put one of the files at
<http://www.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/dhoworth/f208c50af8a68669c364c22849f1d1de.png>.
It's 190 kB and 820x36564 pixels.

The little feedback I got on the Firefox forum was that Firefox on
Windows can load the image OK, whilst Ubuntu has the same problem as me,
so I'm wondering if it's a GNU/Linux library issue rather than a Mozilla
core one. We're all using Firefox 1.5.0.9

Has anybody else come across this problem? Do any of you using Firefox 2
see the problem?

Thanks, Dave