John Andersen wrote:
John Pierce has posted:
" The problem I found after quite some snooping is that
it is on the pci express bus and not the standard bus.  The developers
are continuing to work on it but they haven't got there yet."

If the OPs machine also has the chipset on the express bus it could
be the same problem.

I've been down the fwcutter route and it refused to work.  Ndiswrapper
worked right away. Personally, I see little philosophical difference in hacking out firmware from a windows driver to plug into an open source driver AS OPPOSED TO using ndiswrapper.

The latter almost always works, and the former is usually a crap shoot.
I've had the exact opposite experience with some Broadcom wifi cards and a Hauppage USB set-top box (the DEC 2000-T). I guess it depends on how well the firmware APIs are documented and implemented vs the NDIS APIs, and how complex they are. I'd also think it's possible to work around firmware bugs in a kernel driver in a way not really practical with a generic NDIS warper.