On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 15:58 +0100, Michael Skiba wrote:

> Am Freitag, 16. Februar 2007 13:17 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
> > How can I ensure that only the present Desktop is used when opening a
> > link, even if it means starting a new Firefox session. I do not want to
> > disturb the other sessions on the other Desktops.
> As so often I'm not sure.. but try it :)
>
> Kontrol -> KDE-Komponents -> Komponents selection (or something like that..
> the thing with the Gearwheel) (sorry, I don't know how to run  Kontrol in a
> different language quickly).

Thanx: It was "Personal Settings" -> "KDE Components" -> "Component
Chooser" -> "Web Browser"

> And select "Web-Browser" and select "with following Browser:"(or something
> like that) and enter "firefox -new-window" and tell us if it works :)

This can also be enhanced in Firefox with "Preferences" -> "Tabs" ->
"New pages should be opened in: a new window/tab"
But It did not change the behaviour opening in another desktop.
My problem is that the Firefox that is open in Desktop 3 opens the next
window when I work in Desktop 1 and click on a link in Evolution.
When I work in Desktop 1, I want the Firefox in Desktop 1 to open and
not the one in  Desktop3.
It seems to use the last active Firefox session, irrespective of the
Desktop it is in.

:-)
Al