Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:

software.opensuse.org/download/NX/openSUSE_10.2/

This is what you'll enter into YaST as a software repository. Only the darned thing doesn't work, at all....

You'll get:

"Unknown Error: Downloading metadata failed (is YUM source?) or did not accept remote source. Aborting refresh"

A few very kind people on the NX-machine list has been very kind to help. All to no avail.

not a surprise, this is not a freenix problem

fir me the error message is quite clear, but I read this list from the beginning :-)

any install source for openSUSE must have some sort of "metadata" (in short a list of available products). If there are none, your URL is not good.

so said, I don't know why your URL is wrong (it seems good at first glance), may be there is somthing wrong in the directory?

right now, if I had to do that, I would go inside the i586 folder, dl the rpm there and install then from my drive, but there is probably a better way (is it ?)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Le manuel d'optique de Lucien Dodin