> > Problem is xbox is in another room from router and I'd prefer not use a
> > very long cable to do that.  Hence the wireless option.  The xbox
> > wireless adaptor is £50 + so I'd prefer to do it using what I already
> > have if I can.
>
> Hi,
>
> OK. Hmm.... I wonder, where box 2 is located then?
> Anyway. while you can always use box 2 as a router, I still would prefer
> to buy the "5quid switch" and connect box 2 and the Xbox to it. Doing
> this, box2 and the Xbox can independantly use the internet and box 2
> does not need to be powered on while the Xbox is to be used online.
>
> kind regards
> Eberhard

box2 is in the same room as the xbox and quite close to it. I don't need an
extra switch to connect the xbox (or anything else) to the router as it has
enough ports, but I would need about 20 metres of cable.  I am not bothered
about both xbox and box 2 accessing the net at the same time, or about
needing box 2 powered up whilst the xbox is online.

Best

Mike