On Monday 19 February 2007, Joachim Schrod wrote:
> John Andersen wrote:
> > On Monday 19 February 2007, Joachim Schrod wrote:
> >> What do you guys use for a simple appointment or reminder manager?
> >> Nothing fancy; I'd like to input a date/time and get a popup or an
> >> email some time ahead that the appointment is up.
> >>
> >> Integration in email or some other personal information manager is
> >> not needed; in fact, I would prefer a standalone application
> >
> > Try your cell phone.
> > Its always with you.
>
> In fact, I use that currently and it doesn't work. When I schedule
> intensive work (e.g., writing a paper or an important presentation),
> I turn my mobile silent. And that turns the alarm silent as well.

Gak!  That would be bad.

Mine has a selection of ring styles, and on each selection you
can choose which events get which sounds (or silence) so that
allows me to silence the phone, but still get alarms and calls
from those for which I have selected special ring tones.  I also
have a call divert option which sends all calls to voice mail
instantly.

--
John Andersen