On Wednesday 21 February 2007 15:47, Sunny wrote:
> Sorry to start again such a thread, but ...
>
> here it comes:
>
> <cite>
> Ballmer said: "I would not anticipate that we make a huge additional
> revenue stream from our Novell deal, but I do think it clearly
> establishes that open source is not free, and open source will have to
> respect the intellectual property rights of others just as any other
> competitor will."
> </cite>
>
> Here is the full story:
>
> <http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Ballmer_repeats_threats_against_
>Linux/0,130061733,339273726,00.htm>
>
> --
> Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)
>
> Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
> a pile of scrap.

Ballmer is a sad little man whose attention to his legal "rights" goes a very
great deal further than his attention to the fitness for purpose of the goods
he sells. He is a lawyers' nark rather than an IT expert and I beg all and
sundry to turn their backs upon him and upon his works. Novell has been
exceedingly foolish in getting anywhere near the bedroom with him, let alone
into bed.

--
Fergus Wilde
Chetham's Library