On Thursday 22 February 2007 08:44, Banana Flex wrote:
> Anyone has successfull installed openSUSE-10.2 or SUSE Linux Enterprise
> on an Apple MacBook ?

yup ... me ;)
Important things:
- install bootcamp and repartition
- install refit for the mac book
- When installing and yast asks whether you want to change the partition table
format, click "no".
- use lilo as a bootloader (grub won't work)

Linux runs, but not perfectly (I have a Core 2 Duo, not Core Duo ... on the
Core Duo, a lot more things work out of the box):
- Powermanagement is not really supported (but I did not investigate in that)
- Bluetooth mighty mouse: no scroll wheel ... support will come however
- wlan only with ndiswrapper
- fn-keys only with newer kernel (2.6.20)
- touch pad support is limited (not two finger scrolling for example), but
with patches it has full synaptics functionality.

... mactel-linux.org has several kernel patches.
Otherwise use google ... there are quite a few pages writing about this topic.

--
Daniel Bornkessel                              Tel: +49 911 740 53 161
        Novell :: SUSE R&D :: Internal Tools / Java Packaging