On Thursday 22 February 2007 12:07:00 pm Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a friend whom I'm helping make the transition to Linux (openSuSE
> 10.2). He has a 7100-series Blackberry he'd like to sync with that
> system.

Well, the first thing I found was that - apparently - USB under Linux is
different than under Wintendo or Macintosh. (I assume Macs have usb these
days even if you can't right-click.)

You need to get bcharge, which is part of the barry project, to bump up the
USB charge output in order to charge your bb under linux. (I always have mine
hooked to my Wintendo system at work or home, so hadn't noticed the decreased
voltage until now.)

http://www.blackberryforums.com/linux-users-corner/65653-howto-use-bcharge-charge-your-bb-under-linux.html

http://sourceforge.net/projects/barry/

In any case, I'm creating a 10.1 rpm right now on my desktop of Barry, if
anyone wants it.

--
kai

Free Compean and Ramos