I'm trying to sneak a little Linux into my better-halfs life.

After the install [ as above ] I can't get the viewing area of the
screen to go to full width. It leaves about an inch of black all the way
around the viewing area. As near as I can tell from the Gateway spec
sheet it set the video driver right. The screen doesn't have much
information, other than its a 13.3 TFT, I have it set to 14 in the
config file. I've dug through every configuration setting I can find but
nothing in SuSE will change it.

Windows XP on the other half of the drive does just fine so I'm not so
sure its a bios or hardware thing.

Any ideas????????????

Gateway specs:

LCD display panel

Panel size

13.3-inch

Panel type

Active matrix thin filament transfer (TFT) LCD color display

Maximum panel resolution

13.3-inch - (XGA) 1024 x 768

Maximum colors displayed

18-bit; 262,000 colors

Video

Graphics controller

SMI Lynx EM4 Video Graphics Accelerator (Silicon Motion Inc.)

Video interface

Accelerated graphics port (AGP) 1X

Video memory

4 MB SGRAM

External video

Supports simultaneous LCD, external monitor. Supports VGA (640 x 480),
SVGA (800 x 600) and XGA (1024 x 768) panel.

Internal LCD resolutions and maximum color depth

1024 x 768, 800 x 600, and 640 x 480 with up to 16.7 million colors

Zoomed video

Zoomed video card may be used in lower PC card slot only

Display info from computer:
Vendor Silicon Motion Inc
Model SM 710 LynxEM
Driver siliconmotion (no3d support)

Monitor is set up as generic Vesa SVGA. Nothing in the Gateway list
looked like anything usable.

--

(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh