On Sunday 25 February 2007 18:03, Daniel Bauer wrote:

> Is there a Linux tool to make a bootable CD, that will then search the disk
> and give possibility to save found files to a floppy?

I have found Insert to be very useful:

http://www.inside-security.de/insert_en.html

In your case, gpart and foremost might be useful (both of which are included
on the Insert disk).  foremost is quite good at recovering files but it
doesn't recover the file names so you'll have to wade through a load of files
to find what you want. I guess it all depends on how valuable the files are
and how much work you're prepared to put in to retrieve them but provided the
disk is not physically damaged, you should be able to get something back.
Also, I would definitely agree with an earlier post which recommended making
an image of the disk.

Good luck,

James.