On 2/26/07, John Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That was my assessment too.  This stuff has no place on a working
machine.  Maybe just to show off, but realistically it adds nothing
to usability that can not be achieved easier with multiple desktops.

I tend to agree, but I do think that there is more to it: specifically
I think that 3d is an "enabling" technology primarily .... and right
now what it mostly enables is eye-candy. But I thnk down the road (not
that far) will be more productivity and functionally useful tools that
leverage the basic  tech.

I believe it is much like faster processors, larger drives, and more
memory .... it will not be going away. And in fact, I would not be
surprised to see the visualation stuff end up being pivotal in
significant ways ...

Peter