On Tuesday 27 February 2007 20:16, Kai Ponte wrote:
> I just knowticed somefing in Kmail.
>
> I used to have spell checking enabled by default. I have the ispell
> dictionary enabled and don't recall changing anything.
>
> According to KMail Help...
>

> KMail will automatically check the spelling of your message (in HTML mode
> this currently does not work) and display unknown words using red color. If
> there are too many unknown words KMail will disable its checking. To select
> the language used for checking, select View->Dictionary. You can disable
> automatic spellchecking in the Options menu.
> To check the spelling of your message using a dialog, select
> Tools->Spelling.... KMail uses KSpell to check spelling, which is the KDE
> frontend to the ispell or aspell spelling checker. Note that you may first
> need to configure the spellchecker using Settings->Spellchecker....
>
> I can do the manual spell checking but it used to to auto spell checking.
> Any ideas?

Yes.

This caught me as well not that long ago.  The Options menu referred to in the
KMail Help is available in the composition window (and only in the
composition menu as near as I can tell, although I imagine it is in a config
file somewhere).

In my case, not only was automatic spellchecking turn off, but for some reason
KMail also defaulted to composing all messages as HTML.  It took me some time
to finally figure out how to turn that feature off (the same options menu in
the composition window).

--
Don